MAKE YOUR NEW YEAR’S FITNESS GOALS STAND THE TEST OF TIME..
Voila!! 2018 is never too late!
The new year has finally come and we all know it’s another time of the year when our spirits are elated with hopes of good tidings, visions and missions of hitting the sky limit!
Dreamers have dreamt, wishers have made wishes, gamblers have placed their bets, and castle builders have also built their castles high up in the skies. It’s another time when we look back and reminisce on the good and the bad things that happened in the past year, mistakes made, dreams accomplished and those that died somehow, achievements made and those that came short.
And so, what are your Fitness Goals or workout resolutions for the new year 2018?
Is it burning out the love handles so you can get back your lost sexy waist? Or acquiring that flat tummy like the pretty girl next door, Is it gaining more weight (or muscles for dudes so you can attract all the fine gels, huh?) ooh maybe you just need those butts rounder this year, right? ooor…..do you wanna go to the gym more consistently than you do? Keep calm hun, I got you!
News reports show that “80% of new year resolutions are abandoned by February,” and that’s the reason why I wrote this post to help your new year resolutions stand the test of time, or at least be amongst the surviving 20%.
These 5 proven strategies will keep your dreams alive for longer than you can imagine.
1. Courage – Have the courage to start even when you really doubt yourself and your ability. Hitting the road or attending the gym for the first time may sound like rolling a 1000kg bag to you. However, for you to achieve what’s beyond the ordinary, you need to have the courage to get out of your comfort zone, say no to unhealthy eating habits, and also quit unhealthy relationships.
2. Vision and Make Short-term Goals – Have a picture of how or who you want to be in the near and far future. Also know why you want to change who you are now for instance, why you want to lose belly fat, why you want to quit smoking/drinking of why you want to change your eating habits.
3. Creativity – Think outside the box. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If one form of workout doesn’t work effectively for you, consider others.
4. Patience – Avoid the tempting need for instant gratification and focus on long term goals. Short cuts never last long enough hence, if you want to lose weight, avoid the rush for weight loss pills, 2 weeks fad diets, sliming tea and all those BS that promise you quick results. The effect never lasts.
5. Fortitude – This is the ability to withstand criticism from your inner voice, your friends, strangers and the people around you who do not understand your fitness goals. Friend, all you gotta do is push forward even when everyone else thinks you’re crazy. Forget the world around you and push forward for that thing you want so bad.
What are your fitness goals for the year 2018? Tell us about them below..