BURN LOVE HANDLES FASTER WITH THESE 10 SIMPLE TRICKS.
Love handles/spare tire can be small and cute, while others are big, saggy and ugly. Either way, I don’t think any woman loves to put on her sexy supermodel dress ready to go on a ‘kill-it’ date only to look in the mirror and see pieces of flesh hanging out like the dress belongs to the skinny girl next-door.
One lady friend of mine has this to say about love handles;
“Having good hips but a bad waistline really annoys me. Love handles are just the worst and I hate them for several reasons;
” You have that one figure-hugging dress that rots in the closet because your waist fat spoils it whenever you put it on. Hips awesome, waist no!!You have to get a coat over your tight tops and dresses just to hide the fatty bump. Short tops and low-waist jeans are a no -no.
“Shopping for clothes gets tricky and quite sensitive since you have to consider if the cloth hides the handles. So no one can buy you clothes as gifts. You even hate it when a friend holds you by the waist coz you know they can feel them.
“I really want to shop more easily for my tops, i want to put on those long flowing dresses and flaunt the hips without getting high blood pressure due to mid-section fat. I want to look and be fit again….
” Finally, I really want my waist back, this fat just slowly took it away without me noticing!!”
Below are the 10 little secrets you can use to get rid of the annoying waits fat/love handles;
- The Magic Combo: Diet plus exercise is the magic combination that will help you do away with the extra fat around your waist so you can get back your sexy conspicuous waistline.
- Mind Your Diet: Still emphasizing on a low-fat diet, high fiber intake, fresh fruits and vegetables, never skipping breakfast and taking plenty of water.
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol plays a big role in raising levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, which is responsible for storage of excess fat in the abdominal area.
- Cardio plus Oblique Exercises: Doing 30-minutes cardio everyday plus exercises that target your oblique will go a long way in burning away your love handles. Such exercises involve moves where you’re reaching to the sides, twisting or ‘cross-training’. Waist fat shows that the muscles around your waist are saggy and therefore you have to work to tone them down and make them tighter and leaner.
- Mind Your Sitting Posture: Learn to sit straight, upright. Sitting in a ‘curved-back’ posture encourages accumulation of fats around your waist
- The Bicycle Exercise
- Lie flat on your back with hands behind your head
- Bend your knees and lift your feet just a few inches from the ground
- Lift your head slightly off the ground
- Curve the right knee close to the chest while straightening the left leg
- Alternate the right and left legs as if peddling a bicycle
- Do 3 reps of 15 cycles each, taking a 1 minute break between each set.
- Side Crunches/Twist Crunches
- In a sitting position,raise you legs and bend your knees so that your legs and thighs form an obtuse angle
- Put your hands together and twist you arms towards your left side, reaching out as far as you can
- Then twist towards the right and repeat the alternating criss-cross move.
- Go slowly and feel the burn
- Do 3 reps of 10 each, taking a 30 second break between each set.
- Flutter Kicks
- Lie flat on the ground with hands stretched parallel to your body
- Lift your legs up to form a right angle with your upper body
- Lift your shoulders off the ground a little bit
- Keeping it stretched out, kick the left leg down until it’s just an inch from the ground.
- Bring the left leg back to a right angle and kick the right leg, barely touching the ground. This move is more like the bicycle exercise
- Alternate and do 3 reps of 15 kicks each
- Reaching Oblique Crunch.
- Lie flat on your back with bent knees and hands behind your head
- Lift your shoulders off the ground slightly
- Cross-stretch your left hand to touch the ground on your right side
- Come back to the ground and cross-stretch the right hand to touch the ground on your left side
- Repeat the cross stretches and do 2 reps of 15 each
- Toe-touch Crunches.
- Lie flat on your back and lift your legs straight up to form right angle with your upper body
- Lift your shoulders off the ground and try to touch your toes with your fingers, then come back to the ground
- Reach out to your toes as much as you can and do 2 reps of 15 toe-touch crunches each
- Remember to exhale as you go up and inhale slowly as you come back down
NOTE! Do these exercises slowly to avoid injury and ensure you feel the burn at your oblique muscles.Always tighten your stomach while doing these workouts.
Check out the 5 essentials of a motivated workout so you don’t lose your zeal in the process.
READ ALSO: 15 simple FLAT-TUMMY hacks…plus a Bonus!